Crash Repair Info
Another great resource if you find yourself needing your vehicle repaired after a collision.
Brought to you by the folks that manufactured your vehicle.
Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
The good faith angst between insurance companies and the shops they DON’T own… Independent body shop owners are in a constant “David and Goliath” struggle with insurance companies that believe that they can underpay for repairs, regardless of the effect...
It’s hail season in Colorado, and many people will be searching for best hail repair shops via the search engines. We have assembled a list of things you absolutely need to know before taking your car to any shop for hail repair. 1. Your insurance company owes you for...
Here at Nylund’s Collision Center, we are asked the question on a daily basis: “What if I disagree with my insurance adjuster?” It’s a valid question, and we want you to know that you have options. We educate, inform and edify insurance adjusters every day...
EyeSight is 20-20 …Hindsight Can Be Expensive Why do so many insurance companies choose to do business through the rearview mirror? Eyesight might be called for. Recently a vehicle came to us for a severe hail damage repair claim. The car was so damaged,...
Still think your insurance company is all about your best interest? We humbly submit this very real case study, filed under: “told you so”. USAA insured gets into accident, and is “encouraged” (steered?) to take her car to their “preferred” shop (big box...
When looking for a Denver area Lexus body shop, there is only one premier destination, according to Lexus owners. Nylund’s Collision Center in Englewood, Colorado is the ONLY repair facility with a certified Lexus Body Shop Manager that has won the title “Best Body...
A recent conversation with one of our guests very clearly illustrates the most common questions and answers between claimants (victims in an accident) and independent repair facilities. Because the proper repair requires the insurance company representing the insured...
Excellence Attracts Excellence Aristotle once said, “quality is not an act, it is a habit”. Here at Nylund’s Collision Center, we not only believe this to be true; we eat, sleep, drink and breathe this mantra! We paraphrase it this way: “If it’s not perfect - it’s not...
This photo isn’t about a transaction, or that we make bad things go away and restore cars to their original beauty. It’s about the fact that we know, and genuinely care about every one of our guests.