Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
Your Money or Your Life Dear Members of the United States Congress, I am writing this open letter to express my strong opposition to H.R. 1879 and S. 812, Promoting Automotive Repair Trade and Sales Act of 2017, also known as the PARTS Act. I am especially...
Consumer Alert: Two words have become the weapons of choice in the battle of right vs. wrong in the collision repair business. By design, these two words sound so innocuous that they presume acceptance without consumer’s knowledge that by doing so, they have loaded the gun that is pointed directly at themselves. The two words are: Industry Standard.
Not all body shops are the same. We encourage you to find one that is willing to invest in all current and necessary research, and that will align themselves with the MANUFACTURER’S guidelines and standards.
So proud to be featured by industry periodical: Parts & People!
Every now and again the winds of inspiration blow through our offices here at Nylund's Collision Center. And when they do, we are quick to listen - and then act upon it. In today's case, we were reminded of the things that are important by the classic voice of...
It's a new year, and we are thrilled to announce that Nylund's Collision Center has a NEW LOCATION!! 4495 S. Santa Fe Englewood, CO 80110 After 10 wonderful years of serving our guests and building up the brand that has become synonymous with excellence... we...
Nylund’s Says “Thanks, but No Tanks” By now you’ve probably already heard that Nylund’s Collision Center cares very much about each and every guest we are honored to serve. But did you know that we also care about improving our community as well? It’s true… we make...
IN SOME CASES, you might be owed MORE than what is offered to repair your vehicle. We are often asked, "When is an appropriate time for me to make a 'diminished value' claim for my vehicle. And while it may seem that the answer might be, 'every time damage is done to...
The day we deliver your repaired vehicle to you is very exciting for you and for us! We absolutely love seeing the looks of love on the faces of our guests as they are reunited with their cars. To ensure the very best experience and get you back on the road as quickly...