Crash Repair Info
Another great resource if you find yourself needing your vehicle repaired after a collision.
Brought to you by the folks that manufactured your vehicle.
Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
How Much Does Hail Damage Repair Cost? According to one law firm, the average automotive hail damage repair cost is $4,300. This of course, is just an average. Every case is unique, and should be estimated thoroughly by a trained professional. Never accept your...
The Wrath of Hailstorms: How it Affects Your Lexus and Why You Need to Get it Repaired Hailstorms can cause tremendous damage to your car's exterior, and when it comes to Lexus hail damage repair, it's especially important to get it repaired properly. Hailstones can...
Oh Hail No When Mother Nature does her thing, and your vehicle is the recipient of dozens-to-hundreds of hail-induced dings and dents you are well-advised to know everything you can about the process of the repair. If you decide to make a claim with your insurance...
A Paradigm Shift in Auto Body Repair In a world where cars reign supreme and appearances are everything, it's not surprising that car owners have made a considerable investment in keeping their vehicles looking pristine. However, numerous dings, dents, and scratches...
Hail damage season is upon us. As the seasons change from Spring to Summer, it’s important to be aware of the fact hail often comes along for the ride. The midwest part of our country faces severe weather that usually produces 7-9 hail days every year. And with those...
Congratulations to the Top-Ranked Award-Winning Insurers of 2023 Choosing the right insurance company to protect your vehicle is an important decision that requires research and trust. Luckily, there are several excellent options available. CRASH Network has released...
We asked the newest, hottest artificial intelligence (AI) tool - ChatGPT - to come up with a list of 5 topics that would be relevant and helpful for consumers who require the services of a collision center. The software’s reply was instantaneous and pretty spot-on....
Here at Nylund’s, we write hundreds of repair plans every month - and we are accountable to our guests to be as thorough as possible. That’s not to squeeze every last dollar out of their insurance company, but rather to absolutely ensure the safest repair and least...
We are excited to share that Robert Grieve, owner of Nylund's Collision Center, has been featured in AutoBody News, a leading collision industry news aggregator. This is a huge honor for Robert and his team at Nylund's Collision Center, as AutoBody News is known for...