Crash Repair Info
Another great resource if you find yourself needing your vehicle repaired after a collision.
Brought to you by the folks that manufactured your vehicle.
Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
The Necessity of Pre-Scanning Your Vehicle When a guest brings their vehicle to us for repair, one of the very first things we do is pre-scanning to establish a baseline of information. Many times after an accident, there is damage that is not immediately visible....
Certified Body Shop and Direct Repair Program Should not Co-Exist When you’re involved in a car accident, you want your vehicle to be repaired correctly. So a manufacturer’s certified body shop is a good first place to start looking for a repairer. But not so fast… If...
How do you know you’ve chosen the best Lexus collision center? You want the best Lexus collision center to repair your luxury vehicle to the quality and commitment standards that Lexus themselves put into it. We want that, too. And that’s why we recommend going...
Amica Mutual Insurance is the newest recipient of Nylund’s Collision Center’s Top Insurance Performer award. “This award is presented to insurance groups who go out of their way to be helpful during a difficult time in the lives of our guests”, says Robert Grieve,...
May 4, 2022 - Nylund’s Collision Center of Englewood, Colorado awards new “Top Performer” designation to AIG Private Client Group, the insurer’s automotive coverage division. The Top Performer award is for insurers that demonstrate a strong customer-forward service...
When you need the services of a collision center for your Lexus, doesn’t it make sense to bring your vehicle to a Lexus Specialist Collision Center? We think it does, and we’ll tell you why. As one of the first Lexus Authorized Collision Centers in America, and the...
Was Your Car Stolen? Or Even Worse... Was It Recovered? Nobody wants their car to be stolen. And if it is, most people want it to be recovered. But you NEED TO KNOW THIS: If your car was stolen and recovered - DON’T GET IN IT before having it drug tested and inspected...
No one wants to be involved in an accident… but they happen. What you know BEFORE that happens, can dramatically affect what to do after an accident. Here are a host of informational videos that we have assembled that will help you know exactly what to do after an...
In this second installment of the series we’re calling Bodyshop Surprises, we take a deeper look into the very surprising story of unbelievable bad faith on the part of one insurance company. Or, was it really a case of the bodyshop who should have had the guest’s...