Crash Repair Info
Another great resource if you find yourself needing your vehicle repaired after a collision.
Brought to you by the folks that manufactured your vehicle.
Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 (outside the Denver Metro area) / DORA_Insurance@state.co.us
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
Best of the Best
Voted Best Body Shop 2015 It is with great pride, and much gratitude that we say thank you to our many guests in Highlands Ranch, Colorado for voting Nylund's Collision Center the Best of the Best Body Shop 2015 via the Colorado Community Media. We absolutely love...
Post Repair Inspections and Diminished Value
Diminished value is something every consumer needs to be aware of. You pay them every month from the time you’re 16 years old. They tell you that you’re in good hands. They assure you that you saved 15% or more in 15 minutes - and that you’ve made a good choice to...
How Long Will It Take To Fix My Car?
Auto body industry expert offers insight into the process of insurance company’s cycle time, and how long it takes to fix your car.
Defective Parts Make Top 10 Accident List
If it seems that we talk a lot about the importance of using original manufacturer’s parts on your vehicle repair, it’s for good reason. There is a right way to repair a vehicle, and then there’s the way that could result in far more than economic loss. This 2014...
New Television Spot Hits The Airwaves
We're proud to share our most recent journey into the world of television. Here is our first 30-second spot, as seen on the Discovery Channel and other Comcast-available networks. Proud, Strong #NylundsDone We'd love your comments, and to hear what you'd like to see...
Why Would Anybody Do This To You?
You should question the motives of any Auto Body shop that would knowingly use aftermarket and reconditioned parts on their customer’s vehicles. Safety and Value Are Sacrificed If a repairer will sacrifice the quality of your repair without your knowledge by using...
Nylund’s Featured on CBS4 Denver
Nylund's Collision Center was featured on CBS Denver Channel 4, in a report discussing a recent super-storm that produced massive hail damaged for tens of thousands of Denver area drivers. The front range of Colorado is considered the "hail capital of the United...
How Much Does It Cost to Repair a Dent on 2013 Lexus ES350?
We are asked some variation of this question several times a day. While we cannot quote a price without looking at (estimating) your vehicle’s specific damage, we can tell you this: In most cases, it won’t cost you any more to have it fixed the RIGHT WAY at...
Hail Repair Essentials
Oh Hail No When Mother Nature does her thing, and your vehicle is the recipient of dozens-to-hundreds of hail-induced dings and dents you are well-advised to know everything you can about the process of the repair. If you decide to make a claim with your insurance...