Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
Recently we posted an article - published by another Denver area body shop that argued the case that aftermarket parts were “just as good as OEM”. (Click here for the article in its entirety, posted on our Facebook page) We asked for the input of industry leaders,...
Here at Nylund’s Collision Center, we talk a lot about the importance of insisting on original manufactured parts when getting your vehicle repaired. For that reason, we are often maligned by the insurance companies for being “difficult” to work with, and “slow” in...
Voted Best Body Shop 2015 It is with great pride, and much gratitude that we say thank you to our many guests in Highlands Ranch, Colorado for voting Nylund's Collision Center the Best of the Best Body Shop 2015 via the Colorado Community Media. We absolutely love...
Diminished value is something every consumer needs to be aware of. You pay them every month from the time you’re 16 years old. They tell you that you’re in good hands. They assure you that you saved 15% or more in 15 minutes - and that you’ve made a good choice to...
Auto body industry expert offers insight into the process of insurance company’s cycle time, and how long it takes to fix your car.
If it seems that we talk a lot about the importance of using original manufacturer’s parts on your vehicle repair, it’s for good reason. There is a right way to repair a vehicle, and then there’s the way that could result in far more than economic loss. This 2014...
We're proud to share our most recent journey into the world of television. Here is our first 30-second spot, as seen on the Discovery Channel and other Comcast-available networks. Proud, Strong #NylundsDone We'd love your comments, and to hear what you'd like to see...
You should question the motives of any Auto Body shop that would knowingly use aftermarket and reconditioned parts on their customer’s vehicles. Safety and Value Are Sacrificed If a repairer will sacrifice the quality of your repair without your knowledge by using...
Nylund's Collision Center was featured on CBS Denver Channel 4, in a report discussing a recent super-storm that produced massive hail damaged for tens of thousands of Denver area drivers. The front range of Colorado is considered the "hail capital of the United...