Crash Repair Info
Another great resource if you find yourself needing your vehicle repaired after a collision.
Brought to you by the folks that manufactured your vehicle.
Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 (outside the Denver Metro area) / DORA_Insurance@state.co.us
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
Why You Should Consider a Post-Repair Inspection
Consumer Safety Alert Some industry estimates suggest that more than 60% of “repaired” vehicles on the road have serious safety and structural issues. Your safety is of paramount importance. All too often, repairs that are done at DRP (Insurance Company’s Direct...
Beware of Steering
DANGER! Very Important Information Below: "Steering" is a common practice of many insurance companies to "guide" you to one of their PREFERRED auto body shops (known in the industry as Direct Repair Programs or DRPs). While you may want to believe that your insurance...
Unexpected Praise for Nylund’s Collision Center
Nylund's Endorsed By Allstate (That HAD to Hurt!) Today, we share with you unexpected, unsolicited manna from heaven from one of the most unlikely of sources: a heartfelt (?) endorsement by an Allstate Insurance Claims Adjuster. Nylund's Collision Center has never...
Your Safety is Worth More Than $32.00
Last week, we posted a photo series on our Facebook Page, detailing the damage to one of our guests’ cars – specifically the front bumper of his 2013 Lexus GS 350 “F” Sport. The original, Lexus manufactured part, working in precise harmony with the airbag deployment...
Before and After – (And the Back Story)
We love what we do here at Nylund’s Collision Center. Not just because we can make something beautiful out of something ugly, but because we only do it one way: the RIGHT way. Case Study: Lexus ES 350, 28,000 miles. Still under full warranty. It’s not difficult to see...
Two Tone Trouble
When it comes to quality, I believe the automotive industry has a good bead on what it takes to get the job done right. Ford tells us that “Quality is Job 1″. Hertz taught us that “There’s Hertz… and there’s ‘Not Exactly’”. But every now and again, we run across...
Groomed For Success
What does an award winning body shop, recognized for excellence in quality and customer service do to improve the guest experience? That’s the question that Robert and Carol Grieve, owners of Nylund's Collision Center in Englewood, Colorado asks himself every day. The...
A Cost Plus Society?
Imagine taking your kid to a local restaurant and ordering a spaghetti dinner, pizza and soda for the kiddo, and a nice glass of wine for yourself… and instead of the $32.00 bill, you offer to pay the cost of materials plus 15%. How about grabbing that next pair of...
Nylund’s Collision Center Praised On Radio Show
Nylund's Collision Center was the recipient of a Fan Braggin’™ story on the nationally syndicated Experience Pros Radio Show on Friday, September 27, 2013. One of Nylund's customers called in to the radio show, and shared their experience with the listening audience....