Consult An Attorney
Insurance companies cannot unreasonably delay or deny paying a legitimate insurance claim, and the penalty under the law for doing so is they have to pay double damages, plus attorney fees and costs.
Insurance companies cannot engage in bad faith when processing your claim, and if they do, they can be subject to punitive damages. Common examples of unreasonable delay, denial or bad faith:
- Lowballing the estimate by omitting repairs required by the manufacturer.
- Refusing to pay claims without conducting a reasonable investigation into your claim.
- Misrepresenting material facts or policy language in denying or delaying your claim.
- Insisting that you take your vehicle to the insurance company’s “preferred provider” shops, knowing that the shop will agree with the insurance company’s lowball estimate.
- Threatening to or actually cutting off your rental car benefits under the policy until you accept their lowball offer.
Be sure to keep all relevant information, including:
- The policy and declarations page;
- All emails, text messages, or letters between you and the insurance company;
- All audio recordings of any phone calls with you and the insurance company
- All handwritten notes you made of any phone calls with the insurance company.
- Any timelines you’ve created about your claim.
If you feel an insurance company has engaged in bad faith in processing your claim, or unreasonably delayed or denied your claim, call us at 303-759-7018 for your free 30 minute consultation. If we take your case, we work on a contingency fee, which means we only get paid if we win your case.
File A Complaint With the Dept. of Insurance (CO)
The Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) regulates the insurance industry in Colorado. They help consumers by answering their questions, investigating their complaints, and helping them to understand their insurance. They regulate and monitor the insurance companies in Colorado, as well as insurance agents, making sure everyone is following the law.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Complaints are filed through the Consumer Portal, where you will first need to create an account using an email account and password. The portal is a secure way for consumers to submit insurance complaints and communicate with the Division of Insurance. Once the account is created, you will use the email and password to log into the Consumer Portal.
- After logging in to the Portal, you can submit your insurance complaint.
- There are several pages to complete. Know that the Division needs this information to properly investigate your complaint.
- After your complaint is successfully submitted, a “Complaint ID” will be provided and an email will be sent to you with additional information.
- You will then be given an opportunity to upload supporting documents to the Portal.
- From then on, you will have the ability to communicate directly with the Division about your complaint through the Portal.
Anytime there is any activity on your complaint that requires your attention, you will be sent an email. You must log into the portal with your email and password to access information about your complaint, including updates and the Division’s responses to your complaint.
Imagine taking your kid to a local restaurant and ordering a spaghetti dinner, pizza and soda for the kiddo, and a nice glass of wine for yourself… and instead of the $32.00 bill, you offer to pay the cost of materials plus 15%. How about grabbing that next pair of...
Nylund's Collision Center was the recipient of a Fan Braggin’™ story on the nationally syndicated Experience Pros Radio Show on Friday, September 27, 2013. One of Nylund's customers called in to the radio show, and shared their experience with the listening audience....
Here at Nylund's Collision Center, we are all so very grateful for having been awarded Denver’s Best Body Shop for the third year in a row. Of course we are very proud of the fact that Nylund's is the only collision center that has ever won this award since it’s...
The other day we received a car that – from the outside – looked like it was in fantastic condition. The owner explained that they had recently been in an accident, and following the “recommendation” of their insurance company, took it to one of their “authorized”...
Our friend Chuck sent us an interesting presentation this morning, that serves as a reminder and as validation for why we are so adamant about doing things the right way… every time. When it comes to caring for the customer, our conviction is well known: if it’s not...
On this Memorial Day weekend, Carol and I – along with our entire staff wish to stop and honor all those of our US Veterans who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we all enjoy as Americans. Here at Nylund’s Collision Center, we have always put the highest...
Here at Nylund's Collision Center, we do more than fix cars. A lot more. Our customers represent more than a transaction – they represent our families, our communities and even our country. Our first line of customers is represented by our employees and the sixteen...
There is only one way we do things: The RIGHT way. I admit... I have a flaw. This should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me, and there maybe some who could point out more than one. But the flaw that’s on my mind today is this: My record is scratched. That’s...
Today we’re sharing a photo that just might surprise you. We asked our friends on Facebook to try to identify what took place in the photo below. Many of the responses were what we expected to see: parking lot touch-n-go, shopping cart, tree branch, bicycle or...